Sunday, November 19, 2006

Taste Of Chaos?

Last night, I went to the Brixton Academy, where the next-to-penultimate stop of the "Taste Of Chaos" tour was being held. Personally, this sort of music isn't my type (it's very scene-kiddy), but as it was a free night out access-all-areas, courtesy of an associate of my father's, I didn't refrain to go. Playing were, Taking Back Sunday, Alexisonfire, Anti-Flag, Saosin, Senses Fail and Underoath. I spent some time before the gig chilling out with Spencer Chamberlain (the lead singer) from Underoath and met a variety of cool people: the whole of Underoath, Adam Lazzara (lead singer of Taking Back Sunday) and the Senses Fail lot. It surprised me, how normal these people were behind stage, and I couldn't get to grips with how Spencer turned from this quiet, mild guy backstage to this raving maniac on stage.

Anyway, I found that I quite liked Taking Back Sunday and Alexisonfire, I thought Underoath were good, Senses Fail were just about listenable, and I didn't particularly like Anti-Flag and Saosin (probably because Saosin had the bass too loud and it drowned out the rest of the band). And now I'm sitting at home with an Underoath poster signed by the entire band, a shirt with a working pass stuck to it, and ringing ears.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home