Saturday, January 13, 2007

Sullivan

I'm guessing everyone vaguely close to me has heard of this band by now, but I'm going to introduce them anyway because I want to.

They're an emotional band from North Carolina, a Christian band, but the music isn't about God himself as much as it is about life. I have a predisposition towards Christian music, as it's all about God, and no-one wants to hear,

Ghostly figure out at sea,
I hear a voice that’s calling me,
To walk upon the waves of faith.
For in the arms of God, I am safe.
(Delirious?, All This Time)

YUCK! NO-ONE ON EARTH WANTS TO HEAR THIS CREEPY CRAP, OK? And if they do, I'm avoiding them at all costs...

Anyway, back on track, Sullivan are one of the few Christian bands I enjoy listening to. Actually, I think they are my favourite band comprised of Christians.

They're not a big band. I got to hear of them through people: you may remember I got to meet Underoath backstage because my Dad knows the lead singer's (Spencer Chamberlain's) dad; well, the lead singer's brother is Sullivan's drummer (Phil). Their dad, Frank, sent me Sullivan's album, Hey, I'm a Ghost, for Christmas. I listened to it and thought it was great.

Having enjoyed an album by a small(ish) band (at least in the UK) I feel obliged to spread the word. Frank sent me a link this week for the video for Down Here, We All Float, the first song off the album, and one of the best. And I'm leaving the link here for people to click on.

Down Here, We All Float

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I might check them out, but its probably not my sort of music.

2:47 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

YAYS good Christian Music. Can I borrow the album?
Welcome back to the web as well. Good to have an update.

11:07 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home