Sunday, October 15, 2006

The Citrus Query

The question that eats us all: "What am for the difference that have between mandarins, clementines, satsumas and tangerines?". I had a little search and, thanks to "thefruitpages.com" I now have answers:

Mandarins: type of small orange with loose skin. The mandarin got its name because it was exploited by high-ranking government officials in China (mandarins).

Clementines: the clementine is a seedless mandarin.

Tangerines: a tangerine is an orange-red mandarin with a particular citrus taste. Can be peeled manually.

Satsuma: is a very special seedling from Japan. Its skin is a bit tighter than the clementine and it doesn't have seeds as well.

Thanks to these descriptions I now know that I was eating a satsuma, or at least I guess I was.

So, a mystery is unmysterified!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well thats something i didn't no! yay that's my new thing for the day! lol!

1:58 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you for clearing that up Mark :-)

7:35 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yet again, Woot!

9:40 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home